Tuesday 17 July 2012

Can this banking story be real???

I screwed up last evening when paying bills online from my bank account.  I meant to make a payment to Rogers and put the entry into the Citizen box instead.  We have not taken the Citizen for a month but I never deleted them from my pay list.  I realized the mistake this morning so I called the Citizen to ask that they send the money back to me.  They claimed that they had not yet received it.  Fair enough, it was early in the day.  So then I went to my bank who looked it up and behold, they claimed that the Citizen already received the money.  OK, the transaction took place in the hour between my Citizen call and the bank visit.

So how, I asked, do I get the money back?  Here's where it gets unreal!

The bank branch has talked with their Investigations Unit who will arrange the return from the Citizen.  But it will take TWO to THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Two to three flipping weeks.  Everything is apparently electronic and transparent.  Trillions of dollars travels across the world ever minute, but the bank can't find and retrieve $168.28 in less than two weeks?

Unreal.


2 comments:

  1. Suggest you switch to President's Choice Financial for your banking, free debit transactions, however you can only deposit and withdraw from a CIBC machine. Online banking is better, and gives you the option of cancelling your transaction payments when postdating so a good safety habit is to postdate your transaction for payment a day prior or so, then you can cancel it if you need to if you have made an error in payment etc. HOpe this helps!

    ReplyDelete