Wednesday 23 July 2014

I am back!

I have been sidelined from this blog for a bit.  I have been working on my Private Investigator licence program and have been heavily involved in a missing persons case (in fact there are six missing teens) from 1995.

I have a bit of advice for the police here in Ontario.  It probably applies across the country but I am working these cases here in Ontario.  The advice is not to go turtle when someone asks a question.  It makes you seem incompetent or complicit in the investigation being carried out.  It is especially galling when your indifference is directed toward the families of the missing persons.

The next time someone asks for your help to gain closure, don't just pile the request in the ignore bin.  Think of it this way: "What if the missing person was your son or brother?"  Then act accordingly.

I also have some advice for the Ontario Coroner.  If you have Unidentified Remains in your fridge, then accept all assistance to clear the case.  Sometime what you think can be altered by new, even circumstantial, evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment